Photos by Jessica White
Spring Party Tabletop Tips from Amanda Schelin
Details make the difference when setting a table for a spring party scene, Amanda Schelin, owner of Branches Floral, offers ideas and take-note advice.
1. Buy cut daffodils a day or two prior to your spring party to allow closed flowers sufficient time to open. Change water frequently.
2. Place a colored runner down the table’s center to promote an accent color and elevate the style of the tabletop.
3. Have craft paper and twine on hand for wrapping small bunches of flowers that guest can take home.
4. Add colored glassware to prevent a yellow and white palette from appearing one-dimensional.
5. Use gold flatware to dress up place settings and add an element of surprise.
6. Handwrite a “Thank you for Coming” message on the back of menu cards.
7. Use glass gems or polished pebbles to help keep cut flowers in place within a container.
8. Make certain tablecloths extend to the floor to hide the legs of folding tables.
Subscribers can see more more in our Spring issue. Sign up and you’ll be included in our membership program and get access to exclusive deals, premium content and more. Get the magazine, get the deals, get the best of life in Utah!